Refers to – All Members and Players of the Club
This code is in addition to the Code of Behaviour for underage players issued by the GAA
Players, and those who work with them in our Club are required to ‘sign up’ and abide by this Code of Behaviour and to any other policies or codes in our Club or National Governing Bodies.
The Code outlines the Rules and Procedures, which should be observed by members.
Adherence to this Code should ensure that everyone will enjoy their involvement with the Club.
YOUNG PLAYERS SHOULD BE ENTITLED TO:
• Be safe and feel safe.
• Have fun and experience a sense of enjoyment and fulfilment.
• Be treated with respect, dignity and sensitivity.
• Comment and make suggestions in a constructive manner.
• Be afforded appropriate confidentiality.
• Participate in games and competitions at levels with which they feel comfortable.
• Make their concerns known and have them dealt with in an appropriate manner.
• Be protected from abuse.
• Be listened to.
• Be given adequate playing time to assist in the development of their playing skills.
- Mutual respect, courtesy and honesty are required from all Club members.
- All Players must be registered as members of the Club on an annual basis, if a player is not registered they are not eligible to play.
- Members must show respect for their team mates, coaches, Club officials, parents, guardians, visitors and opponents
- Members must respect Club property and should have regard for their own and the personal belongings of others.
- Member are expected to show the highest standards of behaviour at all times, crude and offensive language or horseplay will not be accepted.
- Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated
- Members must be aware that they are ambassadors for the Club and should behave accordingly on all occasions especially on away trips. They should represent the Club, their team and their family with pride and dignity.
- Members must not use social media in such a way that it will bring the Club into disrepute.
PLAYERS SHOULD ALWAYS:
• Play fairly, do their best and enjoy themselves.
• Respect fellow team members regardless of ability, cultural or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
• Support fellow team members regardless of whether they do well or not.
• Represent their team, their Club and their family with pride and dignity.
• Respect all Coaches, Officials and their opponents. Be gracious in defeat and modest in victory.
• Shake hands before and after a game as part of the Give Respect Get Respect initiative, irrespective of the result.
• Inform their Coach/Mentor/Manager in advance if they are unavailable for training and games.
• Take due care of Club equipment.
• Know that it is acceptable to talk to the Club Children’s Officer with any concerns or questions they may have.
• Adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour and their Club’s Code of Discipline.
PLAYERS SHOULD ENGAGE IN GOOD PRACTICE:
• Never cheat – always play by the rules.
• Never shout at or argue with a game’s official, with their Coach, their team mates or opponents and should never use violence.
• Never use unfair or bullying tactics to gain advantage or isolate other players.
• Never spread rumours.